Sunday, April 17, 2011

Preparing for a jump-start, some green stuff, and a little preview!

I remember being so excited to start my detox last summer.  I was so pumped about the whole idea, and it proved to be a great practice.  Teetering here on the edge of spring, counting down the days until summer vacation (33 school days left!), I am excited to do this gentle cleanse and jump-start my sunny, feel-good season!

Now, I know I'm not as prepared as I feel like I should be, but I am confident that I'll be able to get by pretty well tomorrow and Tuesday; then I can pick up anything I feel like I still need Tuesday evening.  That being said...the fridge is stocked with lots of fresh produce from my Green B.E.A.N. delivery on Friday and my visit to the IWFM on Saturday.

It's hard to tell from this pic...but there are lots of fresh, raw goodies in there!

Plus, I stopped at GM and got some great green stuff to add to my green smoothies... 


...and seeds/lentils are soaking up lots of water so I can sprout up a raw, green storm!
L-R:  Green Peas, Lentils, Mung Beans, Alfalfa

Tomorrow starts day one...and I'm confident that it will be a fantastic day!  How do I know?  Well, for starters, I plan on beginning the day with a fantastic green smoothie:

Pine-berry Green Smoothie

-1/4 - 1/2 c. fresh or frozen pineapple
-1/4 - 1/2 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
-1/4 c. fresh or frozen wild blueberries
-2 handfuls spinach 
-water to desired consistency
**Optional add-ins (any or all):  scoop of RAW Superfoods green powder, 1 Tbsp. spirulina, 1/2 banana, 1/2 avocado, chia seeds, flax seeds

Blend it all up and drink it down!

I'm also planning to have my favorite Big Apple Goddess Salad for lunch...YUM!




PLUS...coming your way tomorrow...RAW Cookie Dough Balls:  Snickerdoodle Edition!  Get stoked.  ;-)

Here's a little preview:

I have a problem with cinnamon...I LOVE IT!
Just couldn't resist!

This recipe, and more, coming very soon!  But it's way past my bedtime, and waking up with little sleep is not an ideal way to start a detox...or an 8-hour day with 20 kindergarteners, for that matter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: