Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chilly Chili (raw)

If you're into raw food and have never heard of the Raw Foods Witch, I highly recommend checking her out.  She's a little...errrr...quirky, but has some fantastic tips, recipes, and videos.  When I did my first detox, I used a lot of her recipes.  The following is adapted from her "Hearty Raw Chili" recipe.

Note:  I don't do a lot of measuring, especially for raw dishes.  I really mostly just throw stuff in.  These measurements are rough estimates.

Chilly Chili

(pictures to come soon)
Chili
-1 c. broccoli, chipped
-2 bell peppers (mixed colors), chopped
-1 or 1 1/2 lg. tomato, diced
-1/2 sm. onion, diced
-1/2 tsp. chili powder
-1/2 - 1 tsp. cayenne (depending on how spicy you want it)
-1 tsp. coriander
-raw chili paste (see below)
-1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
Optional, but highly recommended:
-avocado, cubed
-mung bean sprouts

Raw Chili Paste
-3 dates, soaked
-1/2 sm. onion, chopped
For chili:
Place chopped broccoli, pepper, and onion in a large bowl and add spices.  Mix gently.  Add chili paste and season with salt; stir until well mixed.

Garnish with avocado cubes and a handful of bean sprouts.  Enjoy!

For raw chili paste:
Combine dates and onion in food processor.  Blend until they form a paste.

**Just a helpful tip:  This makes quite a bit of chili.  I usually put 1 c. portions into containers so I can grab and go for lunch.  I always stir in the avocado and bean sprouts when I am ready to eat (this keeps the avocado from getting brown and the bean sprouts from getting soggy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: