Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bring "Meatless Mondays" to America's public schools!

As a teacher in a high-poverty area, the health and vitality of my students is extremely important to me. I feel a sense of duty to teach my students what healthy meals look like, especially because many of them do not come from homes where the health of food is as important as low cost and convenience.  I would love to see schools and corporations start focusing more on giving students healthy choices, emphasis on the word choices.  I would also love to see whole fruits and veggies be the main focus on the lunch plate.  I believe that the best way to get kids to eat healthy foods is to expose them to them, and give them as many opportunities as possible to try them!

Regardless of my choice to be vegan, this is an important movement for me.  My lifestyle is less my motivation than my desire to see children learn at a young age to enjoy healthy foods and develop an appreciation, if not a love, for fruits, vegetables, and other healthy foods!

Next step...Water Only Wednesdays!?!?!?!?

Click HERE to sign the petition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment: